A Bowen treatment generally last around 45 minutes to an hour. The moves are gentle but purposeful and can be carried out through light clothing if that is preferred (not jeans). Bowen can be carried out on a treatment table or seated if preferred. The whole body is treated which balances and resets the body, addressing the lower back, upper back and then the neck.
A Bowen session involves one or more procedures, each of which consists of several sets of moves. Between each set of moves, there is a pause of 2 minutes or more, which is time to enable the body respond to the moves.
The Bowen Technique is very subtle and relaxing it allows the body to heal itself with minimum intervention, the fine energy balance that has been created through the moves continues to respond within the body over a period of 4-7 days after treatment. Due to this it is recommended that no other forms of manipulative therapies are carried out 5-7 days either side.
- It may help many conditions, from sports injuries to long standing complaints
- There is no vigorous manipulation, its gentle and stimulating
- It may improve mobility
- It enhances the circulatory system and assists lymphatic drainage
- Substantial relief is often achieved after only one session
- Many people experience emotional wellbeing as well as physical benefit
Do you suffer from...
- Mobility problems?
- Carpal tunnel/tennis and golfers elbow?
- Back pain/Pelvic imbalance, hip pain?
- Painful joints?
- Sports injuries?
- Fatigue, stress, ME, MS?
- Repetitive strain injury?
- Respiratory problems?
- Other physical or stress related health issues?
If you want to know more about The Bowen Technique or would like to book a treatment please call07919 597 961
or email firstname.lastname@example.org